Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Reading Nook Part 2 - In progress

In my August finds post,
I may have hinted at a new obsession | collection


Okay, really, it is two new obsessions:
globes
vintage children's books.


I do work in education after all.
No, I am not an educator.


Let it settle in.


Across from my reading nook 
There was an empty space just big enough for one of my fave Craigslist deals ever
I redid the chairs for the dining room and you can see them in this post.
But the table...


I painted the top with chalkboard paint and started on the sides.  You'll have to wait for that.
What I did finally get around to though
is that since we built the built in shelves for the office downstairs,
I have these bookcases.
I stacked them on top of the table.
After I cut off about 18 inches from the top so that they would fit.


Gave me lots of display space for thinks like this


and this


and across the top, I just laid out my newest collection


Along the side, in the mini windows letting in all of the light
that is a rare sight in these parts,
I lined up the first collection that stole my heart


What are you collecting lately?
Any other camera, vintage children's books or globe collectors out there?
Do you have a globe that lights up?
I might or might not have one of those...(smile)


Linking up to Funky Junk's Themed Vintage Link Party


**

Loving b3HD? 
Have a life and can't view the whole blog in one sitting? 
Then stalk us already! 
Scroll down, join the site and become a follower!
Promise not to stalk you back. Unless you want us to. 

***

1 comment:

  1. Wow, love the globe collection. That microscope under glass is pretty neat too.

    ReplyDelete

You KNOW you have an opinion about it, already. So spill it. Spark up a conversation...