Friday, March 16, 2012

In the Details: Functional Chef's Deck

Look at me all fancy and stuff with the big titles.
A "Chef's Deck" eh?

What I'm talking about is there is this big old hot thing.
To the right.
In the picture below.

And you cook on it.
And, because I'm crazy,
the stuff I would cook with
(ie, utensils and spices and oils)
was never quite organized in a way
where I could ever find what I needed
when I needed it.

So instead of stashing all my utensils in the drawer
below this counter,
I brought them out into the open.
I found that crock at Goodwill for $2.99
Why yes, I'm keeping it.

For the longest, I have had a stash of various decanters 
of oils and vinegars
on my counter
just hanging out.


Imagine my delight when I found this lovely oval tray
That not only fit the crock,
but also fit ALL FOUR of my lovely secret juice decanters.


B.I.N.G.O.


Well, almost.
Currently, it is a golden, shabby, hue of God knows what.
It only cost 1.99
so I have no problem hitting that up with spray paint.


One of these days.


In the meantime,
I'm loving having all of my handy utensils and oils
"on deck" for when I'm ready to cook.
Just wait until I show you what I did with the drawer.


Have you done any reorganizing in the kitchen lately?

Slowly, but surely, I've got big plans for this place.
Not least of which is to use some more blood, sweat and tears
on those counters to get them shiny again.

Sigh.

**

Loving b3HD? 
Have a life and can't view the whole blog in one sitting? 
Then stalk us already! 
Scroll down, and become a follower!
Or fan our B3HD Facebook page
Promise not to stalk you back. Unless you want us to. 

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

You KNOW you have an opinion about it, already. So spill it. Spark up a conversation...