Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Working Mama Realities | Mary Mary Season 2!

You know, there is a whole lot out there about working mamas.
What there is NOT a lot out there about,
is being a working soon to be mama.

coming home May 2013

I might have a slight addiction to reality tv.
Most of it is really just not good for you.
So it was like a message from heaven
when I caught wind of Mary Mary's show.


image via here

Erica and Tina Campbell are the sister power duo
behind Gospel legends Mary Mary.

They have an awesome reality show
that is truly channeling a lot of my reality right now.
As an expectant first time mama,
I'm totally drawn into this season because the sisters
are on the road promoting their new album.

This is all happening 2 months (!!)
after Erica gave birth to her newest mini
and Tina is out there working it
in heels under hot lights
while expecting her newest.


image via here

Now.
SHE is working it.
I'ma be real with you for a hot second.
Watching these two work it like they do
pre and post babies as they are
makes me a little queasy to my gut.
Not at all jealous or trying to hate on the sisters
but really.

I can barely make it out of bed most mornings.
I have not worn a pair of heels in a year of Sundays.
I can barely get up to take a walk,
much less joyously give it to ya on stage.
These girls are DOING it.
And it makes me feel a bit inferior that I cannot
(or maybe it is more that I won't)
do the same.

During the first episode,
the sisters really struggle with career and family balance.
I am not joking when I say that just about every situation
is one that makes me squeamish about being a mama who works.

I am blessed beyond blessed
to have options in my life.
If I don't want to work after having my kid, I don't have to work.
If I need to take time off to rest before the mini us gets here,
I can do that.

But just like for the Marys, I often get this twinge
where I worry about what my identity will be
if I can't keep on being fabulous
with or without a kid.

In any event, I am so hooked on this show now.
Beyond the usual silliness of faked reality shows,
this show seems to hit closest to home for me.

They struggle with being away from home, hubby and kids.
So do I.

They struggle with wanting to give everything 100% PLUS.
So do I.

They have a mama who has their back and makes this all possible.
So do I.

And they struggle with being fabulous and regular all at once.
Well...maybe not the fabulous part,
but still trying to maintain on my front.
To that, maybe I'll have some divine intervention
as to how to really balance career and family and
when it all comes down to it
find a way to have it all.

Is that even really possible?

It's situations like these that the three-time Grammy® award-winning gospel duo
Erica and Tina Campbell face in Season 2 of WE tv’s hit series Mary Mary as they balance
being recording artists, mothers, and wives.
MARY MARY premieres Thursday, December 6 at 10|9c
and moves to its regular timeslot on Thursdays at 9|8c, beginning December 13.
Watch a sneak peek here!


Does your life feel like a reality TV show sometimes? Tell us about it!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of WE tv.
The opinions and text are all mine.